Saturday, January 22, 2011

Brag aBout - Gary!

As you know, I posted a Brag aBout form so EVERYBODY could celebrate their kids without feeling the pressure to "Be a Writer". My first entry was, conveniently, someone who I was going to link up this week!

My child with DS, first name and age: Alex - 17 , 18 in June

Any other kids and their ages: Courtney 18, Tom 15

Quickie medical wrap sheet: coarctation of the aorta repair - 21 months, health fine, battling with weight

Recent goals attained? (Within your family or IEP!) participating in sports teams

Any fun stories that you'd like to share? Alex is so proud to be a local celebrity after the publication of her mom's first book - she is signing autographs

http://downsyndrometeenager.blogspot.com/

Gary has a link to buy this amazing book on her site. I got the pleasure of reading it in one of its earliest forms and I can honestly say that this is an excellent book. Both in its camaraderie of sharing and in its insightful wisdom. I so highly recommend this book, I am actually one of the "reviews" on the back... :)

She gave me a couple of copies to share with my friends, and who qualifies better than you lovely people??? So expect a couple of giveaways over the next little while *cough, cough* (like one for sure this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment