Friday, October 19, 2012

31 for 21: Better Than It Looks: Never Boring

Article of Evidence #4:

Elise brought me a present tonight.

She comes into the bathroom holds out her fist, "Here.  All done."

And hands me a tooth.

"Um.  Who's tooth is this?"

"Not mine."

"Well, who had this tooth in their head?"

"Me.  All done toof.  For da Toof Faiwy."

"It's not your tooth?  It's for the Tooth Fairy?"

"Yep."

Ah.  Ah-ha.  She lost another tooth.  This makes two in less than two weeks.  This was, again, a tooth that I never even knew was loose.  Until it was put in my hand.

Medically, educationally, physically, emotionally, and humorously, she is not boring, this kid.  NOT EVER.  I can predict almost nothing before 5 minutes ahead.  I am always on my toes.  I am always amused.  I am always pushed.  I am always entertained.

She is a firecracker of life and light.  She is never predictable.  She is always worth the stress.  She always gives life a new perspective.

She is great fun.  Even if you don't know what's coming next.

No comments:

Post a Comment