Monday, October 22, 2012

31 for 21: Better Than It Looks: Tweens

Yes.  I am late.  But I had internet issues last night...which also explains why you don't have pictures from Elise's birthday party...which I still owe you.  Tonight, it's on the docket.

BUT.  I have a good one for yesterday. 

My life is better than it looks because the tweenage years are delayed. 

nah-nah-naaah.

Elise is 10 on Thursday.  She is squarely situated in the Tween years.  So speech is delayed.  And writing, and reading, and social interaction, and blah, blah, blah...  So is prepubescent mouthiness.  Yep!  And that's not all bad.

Right now, she "talks" back and spits at me, and sometimes doesn't want to hold my hand, but at the end of the day, she's still my snuggle bunny.  At the end of the day, she still thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread.  Which, is already dying out a smidge with my 6 year old.  At the crack of dawn, she still tries to sneak into my bed to pet my face.  When she's watching TV, she still wants me there to watch and appreciate the funny stuff.  I am still the first person she seeks out for anything she finds cool or interesting.

Not only is my life better than it looks in this arena...but I'd hold it up against the typical kids out there, and say, it's BETTER than the "Typs" have it!!!  So there...!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy almost-birthday, Elise! Omg, 10 is considered "tween?" You mean we actually have fewer than 4 years before we hit that??? Yikes...

    ReplyDelete