Thursday, October 24, 2013

31 for 21: Randomness

Yeah.  I know.  I haven't written because of a stupid reason.  I've been obsessing about a post that is complete in my head, but I cannot find the jumping off place link...that HAS to be there for the thing to work.  Sorry.  Fingers crossed that I can find it before I go nuts.

As a "forgive me please gift", here is some fluff:

I linked up "What Does the Fox Say" and Elise's funny reaction.  And I told you about this amazingly awesome running group on Facebook?  Elise's runner, April, is fantastic and linked this up for her: 

She giggled until she couldn't catch her breath.  And I found her giggling randomly all night, and if I asked her, she told me, "Fox say 'WOW'!!!" and would commence chuckling again.

(By the way, the running group is in need of kids/people to run for.  They have exploded with runners and they have not gotten near the response of "runnees".  I have found a sweet friend in April, and I know others have found the same in their kids' runners.  You don't need a "big" disability to get a runner, you just need to have needs that are unique and could benefit from a public education of how it affects your day to day life.)

Also, this video went viral a few years ago.


And frankly, the kid singing creeps me out.  Completely.  I am terribly sorry.  I appreciate the sentiment, but yeah.

So, I offer you this...with the same sentiments.

"When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are"
 
Elise turns 11 tomorrow.  I cannot tell you how weird that is to write.  She is so old.  And yet not.  Side by side.  Yet neither.  I don't remember feeling so oddly when Gabriel turned 11.  I just felt the speed.  I didn't feel his youth...I just felt the movement of time, such that my hair was ruffled....literally.
 
Time.  She is a mean mistress.  Just sayin'

1 comment: